Why Join Sunnyvale Garden Club?
1) Have fun with your new friends – Our members range in age from 20-something to 80-something and you’ll make friends with all of them! You’ll find that these friendships across the generations are rich and rewarding. Need advice on anything from potting plants to decorating your home to raising children? Call on the individual and collective wisdom and knowledge of your fellow garden club members. The Sunnyvale Garden Club is a great way to meet other people from throughout the Sunnyvale community.
2) Eat good food – Eat delicious, homemade meals at monthly meetings that are prepared with love by your fellow garden club members.
3) Serve your community – Experience the satisfaction of giving back to your community through fundraising and community service. We routinely make donations to Sunnyvale ISD, the library, Sharing Life and other deserving organizations. For example, one beloved SGC tradition is to prepare “Valentine baskets” filled with useful items and goodies and deliver them to the elderly and shut-ins of the community.
4) Feel proud – You’ll take pride in being a member of one of the most successful and prestigious garden clubs in North Texas. Established in 1960, SGC operates under the motto, Love, Care and Share. Last year, we retained our Gold-rated club status and through the years, we have won numerous district, state and national awards.
5) Learn interesting and useful information – Gain knowledge about indoor plants, horticulture, gardening, and floral design at the monthly meetings and summer symposiums.
We meet on the second Tuesday of each month from September to May. The day meetings begin at 10:00 a.m. The evening meetings are held at 6:00 p.m. Most meetings are held at the Sunnyvale Town Hall. Check our website (www.thesunnyvalegardenclub.org) for details about specific meetings.
The annual membership dues are $35 per year.
How to Join
Complete the membership form and return it to the address listed on the application.
Call Sallyann Nevins (membership chair) at (214) 458-3550 or Sylvia Carter (president) email@example.com.